Apple TV 4K (tvOS 13 and 14) Driver for ELAN
What does this driver do?
This Apple TV 4K (tvOS 13 and 14) Driver for ELAN allows for the integration and control of an Apple TV 4th generation or an Apple TV 4K (5th & 6th generation) running tvOS 13 or 14 from within ELAN.
- Fully compatible with tvOS 13 and 14
- Newly re-written using Apple’s official control protocol (Media Remote Protocol)
- Two way IP control
- Full Meta Data
- Press to Scroll transport commands
- Self-Healing: The driver maintains a heartbeat style connection with the Apple TV so when a connection issue arises (reboot, power cut, network loss) the system automatically attempts to re-establish communications.
- Please Note – We only support final release Apple TV software and do not support any tvOS BETA releases
- Driver uses Intrinsic(Athena) technology for key free licensing, update alerts and enhanced support
- Intrinsic Standard Integration – Unofficial public API driver. This driver uses an API publicly available online but not officially released by Apple. This driver is fully supported for the specified firmware/model for as long as the API is available.
Updates added Dec 2020:
- Extra settings and driver feedback in gTools (Explained in the manual)
- There is now the option to select a command to be sent when the Apple TV is first selected and when it is switched off
- Fast Forward and Rewind added
- Uses an updated set set of nav and transport commands for improved compatibility with more apps
- Live button on remotes is now a reconnect button
- Vastly reduced CPU load from the comm device, no more CPU spikes
- Optional Dante workaround added to compensate for errors in Elan’s internal implementation of MDNS in the Elan Dante Driver
Current version number: 21.3.2
Our Apple TV 4K (tvOS 13 and 14) Driver for ELAN is compatible with:
- Apple TV 4th Generation (running tvOS 13 or 14)
- Apple TV 4K/5th Generation (running tvOS 13 or 14)
- Apple TV 2nd Gen 4K/6th Generation (running tvOS 13 or 14)
- This driver is not compatible with Apple TVs running tvOS 15
We also offer an Apple TV Driver 1st-3rd Generation for Elan.
The Intrinsic difference
Our drivers are all developed in-house, in the UK so you can be sure of the highest reliability and responsiveness when updates are required. We never use open source code or code libraries. All of our drivers are thoroughly tested in-house as well as externally through our Beta Programme before being offered on our website.
All of our drivers/modules are supported free of charge through our Online Support system. We offer comprehensive support for all of our software that requires the purchase of a license key for as long as they are listed on the Intrinsic Dev website. If it’s your first time installing a driver or if you believe there is a technical problem simply submit a ticket via our Online Support system.
We also offer Enhanced Remote Support for each control platform. This support is charged in 30 minute intervals where we are pleased to advise on anything that falls outside of standard driver queries, including, but not limited to, driver installation, wider system integration/programming, general training and system design.
All of our software is available to download free of charge but will require licensing to function. Unless specifically noted only one license is required per controller/processor. You can run as many devices as required up to the limit supported by your chosen control platform.
All of our drivers/modules come with comprehensive Integration Notes to ensure the easiest possible set up of our software. Many also have Installation Tutorial videos to further assist you. Please ensure you refer to these resources each time you install a new driver/module.
If you have any suggestions on new features or changes you would like to see to a driver/module then please let us know via our Online Support system.