Apple TV Media Remote Protocol Module for Crestron
What does this module do?
This Apple TV Module uses Apple’s official Media Remote Protocol to enable the integration and control of Apple TV 4th and 5th generation from Crestron Processors.
- Fully compatible with tvOS 13+
- For use with 4th and 5th (4K) generation Apple TVs
- Written using Apple’s official Media Remote Protocol
- Two way IP control
- Meta Data
- Press to Scroll transport commands
- No pairing or home sharing required
- Only one license needed per project – you can install as many ATVs as you like
- Self-Healing: The driver maintains a heartbeat style connection with the Apple TV so when a connection issue arises (reboot, power cut, network loss) the system automatically attempts to re-establish communications.
- Driver uses Intrinsic(Athena) technology for key free licensing, update alerts and enhanced support
- Please Note – This module requires an active internet connection
- There is currently a bug in Crestron processor firmware 1.601.x that prevents device discovery from working properly. Crestron are aware and until it is fixed we recommend that you remain on firmware 1.503.
Current version number: 1.6
Our Apple TV Media Remote Protocol Module for Crestron is compatible with:
- Apple TV 4th Generation (running tvOS 13+)
- Apple TV 4K/5th Generation (running tvOS 13+)
The Intrinsic difference
Our drivers are all developed in-house, in the UK so you can be sure of the highest reliability and responsiveness when updates are required. We never use open source code or code libraries. All of our drivers are thoroughly tested in-house as well as externally through our Beta Programme before being offered on our website.
All of our drivers/modules are supported free of charge through our Online Support system. We offer comprehensive support for all of our software that requires the purchase of a license key for as long as they are listed on the Intrinsic Dev website. If it’s your first time installing a driver or if you believe there is a technical problem simply submit a ticket via our Online Support system.
We also offer Enhanced Remote Support for each control platform. This support is charged in 30 minute intervals where we are pleased to advise on anything that falls outside of standard driver queries, including, but not limited to, driver installation, wider system integration/programming, general training and system design.
All of our software is available to download free of charge but will require licensing to function. Unless specifically noted only one license is required per controller/processor. You can run as many devices as required up to the limit supported by your chosen control platform.
All of our drivers/modules come with comprehensive Integration Notes to ensure the easiest possible set up of our software. Many also have Installation Tutorial videos to further assist you. Please ensure you refer to these resources each time you install a new driver/module.
If you have any suggestions on new features or changes you would like to see to a driver/module then please let us know via our Online Support system.